If you're thinking about selling your home and are making some repairs, here are some home inspection tips that will help you prepare:
1) Make sure all interior and exterior light fixtures work. If an outdoor fixture bulb is out, the inspector has to note that the fixture does not operate correctly.
2) Provide access to the furnace, water heater and electrical panel. Also, the inspector must be able to remove the electrical panel cover. If the panel is locked, remove it.
3) Install a new furnace filter and vacuum the register. It will be looked at during the inspection and be considered as a part of the overall condition of the furnace or heat pump.
4) Ensure that windows operate smoothly. If some are stuck or painted shut, the impression will be that many windows cannot open. Also, remove window security screws or provide keys for window security locks.
5) Replace all damaged window screens, and make sure all operating windows have screens.
6) Tighten all door knobs and tighten or repair all handrails. Also check to be sure that all interior doors will latch to the strike plate.
7) Clear the way to the attic access panel or pull down, especially in a closet. The inspector will enter every attic. If you use your attic for storage, remove any items that will inhibit the inspector.
8) Be sure that there is a minimum of one smoke detector per floor.
9) Provide keys or unlock sheds and outbuildings.
10) Verify all utilities will be on at the time of inspection, and that gas pilots (including fireplaces) are lit.
11) Remove or restrain pets on site.
12) Empty the washer and dryer so they can be tested. The dishwasher can be run whether it is full or empty.
5/22/2012 02:44:25 pm
This blog is great i love reading your posts. Keep up the great work! You know, a lot of people are hunting around for this info, you could help them greatly.
5/28/2012 01:05:31 am
Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well.
6/19/2012 02:53:41 am
Nice blog about the home and the habitat.I like the blog post to read.Thanks for the blog post.
9/3/2012 12:36:38 am
Very INFORMATIVE and just FANTASTIC! I was looking for the related information. Thanks a lot it is very useful for me. Would love to read some pieces on the topic.
5/28/2012 10:49:18 pm
Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs…
6/4/2012 07:49:27 pm
This is very effective way of writing a blog, I am really impressed from such type of comments, keep it continue in the future.
9/13/2019 05:58:14 am
Hey there! It's amazing to read these Essential Tips on Home inspection. You have truly enriched me with some excellent knowledge.
9/13/2019 06:03:22 am
Great article! This is very valuable information for me about home inspection. Amazing post.. Thanks for sharing.. Much needed tips and guides.. really helpful.
Leave a Reply.