it's ALMOST spring!!! With the mild days and sunshine, I'm getting the itch to start making some changes in my home. How about you?
I'll be participating in the 2019 NH State Home Show in Manchester, NH from March 8 - 10, so I'm sure lots of people have the same itch because I've heard that they're expecting about 6,000 attendees to the show!
Before making changes, it makes sense to do some spring cleaning and decluttering. But before the real work begins–and while the temperatures are still too cold to open up the windows–there are some smaller things that I like to do first to prepare for the "big clean," like:
1. Change batteries in smoke and carbon dioxide detectors.
2. Make small, inexpensive repairs that have been nagging at me (like tightening the knobs on my cabinet doors!).
3. Pull together all of the gloves, hats and scarves and give them a good wash before putting them away for the season.
4. Locate any spring/lighter bedding, window coverings, tablecloths, kitchen towels, and accessories that I can find. Make my "Keep," "Donate," "Trash," and "Yard Sale" piles.
5. Check my supply of cleaning solutions and materials and make purchases so that I'll be fully stocked in the case that one day I will just decide it's time to start cleaning.
How do you prepare for spring cleaning? I'd love to hear about any tips you have.
Follow my Facebook page and/or Instagram account where I'll go into more detail on spring cleaning, decluttering, redecorating and so much more. Join my email list for monthly updates, tips and helpful information on all things home!
Your DIY Decorator