Yay! It's that time again!
Whether you'll be using it yourself or renting it out, there are certainly some things that will need to be done to your summer home or AirBnB.
Here are the top 5 categories that need to be addressed:
1. Cleaning - You are going to want to give the entire space a good cleaning to remove the cobwebs of the off-season.
2. Repairs/Maintenance - There are undoubtedly small things that need fixing. Maybe a lightbulb or two needs replacing. Perhaps checking the air conditioner filters. Or even testing/changing batteries on the smoke and carbon dioxide detectors.
3. Decorating/Staging - You may want some new furnishings or décor for your space. Soon all of the newest summer items will be on the shelves, so starting early will give you first pick of the latest styles.
4. Photography - Even if you don't rent it right now, you may want some lovely photos to show off, or for future use. But beautiful (even professional) photos to attract renters is imperative!
5. Marketing - Primarily for rentals, you'll want to be sure that you market your rental properly. Find out who your target audience is and where they look. Real estate agents who specialize in rental properties can definitely help in that area and do all the work for you.
Follow my Facebook page and/or Instagram account where I'll go into more detail on each of these categories and offer checklists to help you keep it all organized. Join my email list for monthly updates, tips and helpful information on all things home! (Just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Add me.")